Tuesday 10 August 2010

Naaldzang August 3rd, 2010 (English Version)


Naaldzang August 3rd, 2010

Hello one and all! This month's meeting was a bit of an extra special occasion, for it was the first time since March that RedSamur was able to join us. We have missed her, and it was fantastic to have her back! :)

I arrived late, as what seems to be the usual for me, and finally settled in around two-thirty. There were already several folks present, among them RedSamur, G, Jan, M, and two other ladies whose names I did not catch. It was great to see a pair of new faces, and I do hope they join us again! Not too long after I arrived, Poezemadam joined us, and we were the group for August.

Jan was working on a chemo cap for Zet Op Tegen Kanker (his 79th—amazing!) and Poezemadam brought along an adorable little doll she knitted for the OKRA project, which will distribute the dolls to children in crisis situations (Jan is the collection contact for Hasselt, if memory serves). G was knitting a pair of socks, while M the other ladies were knitting pullovers. RedSamur was knitting using Brioche stitch to make a mini-scarf in a bulky, colorful wool.

As for me, I was busy with a baby blanket I'm knitting for my sister, who is pregnant with her first baby. I would have brought the Baktus, but I think I'm going to frog that and make something else with that yarn instead. Speaking of Baktus, I made a lacy one whilst on vacation (camping in France), and I'm thrilled with how it turned out! Even though I missed last month's Naaldzang, I was knitting on this and thinking of you all. :)

We all enjoyed ourselves, chatting and knitting and laughing, now and again engaging in conversation with visitors who approached and were curious. Perhaps one of these will come to join us at our tables, with some coffee and yarn? Perhaps they will have skills they can share with us? Speaking of skills, I snapped a photo of RedSamur demonstrating the Turkish cast-on for Poezemadam:


Naaldzang August 3rd, 2010


For more photos of the August meeting, head on over to the Naaldzang photo set, starting here!

R and Nathom, we missed you both, wish you well and look forward to seeing you next month!

No comments: