Wednesday 3 September 2008

2 September 2008, English Version


sock beginnings


I was getting ready to leave for Naaldzang when I received a text message from RedSamur saying that she and Jan were already at Hema waiting for us. We would have been on time, if it hadn't been for a major traffic snarl at the Ring. Not sure what was going on there, but at last we arrived! My husband set to work with his computer ("This is a hobby group, right?") and RedSamur, Poezemadam, Jan and I set to knitting.

RedSamur put the finishing touches on yet another lovely Inga bag, this time in a great contrast-combo of red and black! Jan showed us a beautiful cabled vest he'd made in the softest grey alpaca blend I've ever felt, and then he began another blue sock on his trademark long DPNs. Poezemadam knitted away on her colorful scarf which was a mix of pretty yarns she had left over from other projects (I must say it was great to see her again after missing her last month!). I managed to finish up my Jamaica Pouch, pics of which will shortly be uploaded to Flickr. I have been working on other projects or it would have been finished sooner. It's a lovely pattern and I'm quite pleased with the result!

Partway through the afternoon, a lady approached us and politely asked if a person in her group could sit next to Jan for a picture, as that person found it wonderful that a man was there knitting with us ladies! Jan was a good sport and smiled for the camera, and earned himself a kiss on the cheek. :)

All in all it was a very lovely time, and I'm looking forward as always to the next meeting!

No comments: